- Total of 21 PVC’s have been awarded.
- Last being 4 Army men in the 1999 Kargil War.
- Major Somanath Sharma was the 1″ PVC in the 1947-48 First Indo Pakistan War (First Kashmir War).
- There are 20 PVC’s from the Army:- 17 from Armoured Corps and 1 from the corps of Engineers.
- The Grenadiers have received the most number of PVC’s with 3 awards. The various Gorkha Rifle regiments of the Indian Army have also received 3 awards, with the 1 Gorkha Rifle and 8 Gorkha Rifles and 11 Gorkha Rifles each having a PVC recipient.
- Flying Officer Nirmalijit Singh Sekhon is the only IAF Officer to awarded PVC in the 1971 Indo Pakistan War (Bangladesh Liberation War).
- There is no PVC from Navy.
|Major sSomnath Sharma||4th Battalion||3 Nov 1947||Battle of Badgam, Kumaon Regiment Kashmir, India.|
|Naik Jadu Nath Singh||1st Battalion, Rajput Regiment||6 Feb 1948||Battle of Naushera, Kashmir, India.|
|2/Lt Rama Raghoba Rane||Bombay Sappers, Corps of Engineers||8 April 1948||Battle of Naushera, Kashmir, India.|
|Company Havildar Major Piru Singh Shekhwa||6th Battalion, Rajputana Rifles||17 July 1948||Tithwal, Kashmir India.|
|Lance Naik Karam Singh||1st Battalion, Sikh Regiments||13 Oct 1948||Tithwal, Kashmir India.|
|Captain Gurbachan Singh Salaria||3rd Battalion, 1st Gorkha Rifles||5 Dec 1961||Elizabeth, Katanga, Congo.|
|Major Dhan Singh Thapa||1st Battalion, 8th Gorkha Rifles||20 Oct 1962||Ladakh, India.|
|Subedar Joginder Singh||1st Battalion, Sikh Regiment||23 Oct 1962||Tongpan La, Northeast Frontier Agency, India.|
|Major Shaitan Singh||13th Battalion, Kumaon Regiment||18 Nov 1962||RezangLa, Jammu and Kashmir.|
|Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid||4th Battalion, The Grenadiers||10 Sept 1965||China, Khem Karan Sector|
|Lt Col. Ardeshir Burzoriji Tarapore||17th Poona Horse, Armoured Corps||15 Oct 1965||Philora, Sialkot Sector, Pakistan.|
|Lance Naik Albert Ekka||14th Battalion, Brigade of the Guards||3 Dec 1971||Gangasagar, Agartala Sector|
|Flying Officer Nirmaljit Singh Sekhon||No. 18 Squadron, Indian Air Force||14 Dec 1971||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|2/Lt Arun Khetarpal||17th Poona Horse Armoured Corps||16 Dec 1971||Jarpal, Shakargarh Sector|
|Major Hoshiar Singh||3rd Battalion, The Grenadiers||17 Dec 1971||Basantar River, Shakargarh Sector|
|Naib Subedar Bana Singh||8th Battalion, Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry||23 June 1987||Siachen Glacier, Jammu & Kashmir|
|Major Ramaswamy, Parrmeshwaram||8th Battalion, Mahar Regiment||25 Nov 1987||Srilanka|
|Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey||1st Battalion, 11th Gorkha Rifles||3 July 1999||Khaluber/Juber Top Bataik Sector, Kargil Area Jammu & Kashmir|
|Grenadier Yogender, Singh Yadav||18th Battalion, The Grenadiers||4 July 1999||Tiger Hill, Kargil Area|
|Rifleman Sanjay Kumar||13th Battalion, Jammu & Kashmir Rifles||5 July 1999||Area Flat Top, Kargil Area|
|Captain Vikram Batra||13th Battalion Jammu & Kashmir Rifles||6 July 1999||Point 5140, Point 4875, Kargil Area|